Hi Dustin. Would like your advice. I am just doing the C/G on my SM 104. I was a bit disappointment in the total weigh of the plane and wondered what your experience was with this aircraft.Total weight with hopper full was 53.65 LBS. I have a Jets Munts 200 in it for push. Most of the electronics are in front of the fuel tank and behind the pilots location. I have used Rolands pipe set up with 2 deg thrust line.

How do you feel this plane will perform at that weight? What did your plane with the Mammoth weigh?

Views: 66

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jack,
Mine weighed 56 lbs full of fuel. Pretty sure this was with the mammoth.

I had the cg a little behind the slat hinge line where the wing meets the fuse. The cg is pretty forgiving. I measured my cg with basically no fuel.

I'm not too concerned about the weight of yours. It looks amazing!

Dustin thanks for the info awhile back. It will get its first flight in a couple of weeks. With a full tank it is going to weigh about 65 lbs. Have you seen any fly at around this weight. I know I am being paranoid but just want to insure it will handle it. I guess it will just mean a longer take off and faster landing approach.

Any words of wisdom about how it flies. I will have a 3e gyro on the plane but not on for the first flight.

Thanks

Jack

Reply to Discussion

RSS

T-Shirts Available!!!

Click HERE

Shirts are here and ready to ship! Be sure to order in time for your next event!!   -Thanks!

Latest Activity

MD Wilkins is now a member of ....RC Jet Addiction....
Sunday

Site Supporter
P. Richards posted a video

Best In The West 2017 formation flying

Another great formation flying video Mike Adams and Kenny Mcspadden at The Premiere Left Coast Jet Event.
Saturday

Site Supporter

F-18 SkyMaster Best In The West 2017

Ali using his skills with the SkyMaster F-18, owned by Barry from King Tech Turbines.
Dec 3
JOSE LUIS RIVERA NEGRON is now a member of ....RC Jet Addiction....
Nov 23

Site Supporter

Best In The West 2017 A-7

The RC Geek gives us a great demonstration flight with the A-7 Corsair 2 electric powered. Best In The West 2017.
Nov 23

Site Supporter
George Harrington is now a member of ....RC Jet Addiction....
Nov 17

Site Supporter

ME 262 Best In The West 2017

The ME 262 flew a great demonstration flight at Best In The West 2017.
Nov 11

Site Supporter

Best In The West 2017 Giant T-38

Scratch built Scale T-38 flight demonstration at The Premiere Left Coast Jet Event. Amazing accomplishment for an electric jet.
Nov 5

Site Supporter
Francis Falzon is now a member of ....RC Jet Addiction....
Oct 23
Kevin Gambetti posted photos
Oct 17
Kevin Gambetti posted photos
Oct 17

Site Supporter

Best In The West 2017 F-104

The first video from the Premiere Left Coast Jet Event.
Oct 15

© 2017   Created by Dustin Buescher.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service