Hi Dustin. Would like your advice. I am just doing the C/G on my SM 104. I was a bit disappointment in the total weigh of the plane and wondered what your experience was with this aircraft.Total weight with hopper full was 53.65 LBS. I have a Jets Munts 200 in it for push. Most of the electronics are in front of the fuel tank and behind the pilots location. I have used Rolands pipe set up with 2 deg thrust line.

How do you feel this plane will perform at that weight? What did your plane with the Mammoth weigh?

Views: 42

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jack,
Mine weighed 56 lbs full of fuel. Pretty sure this was with the mammoth.

I had the cg a little behind the slat hinge line where the wing meets the fuse. The cg is pretty forgiving. I measured my cg with basically no fuel.

I'm not too concerned about the weight of yours. It looks amazing!

Dustin thanks for the info awhile back. It will get its first flight in a couple of weeks. With a full tank it is going to weigh about 65 lbs. Have you seen any fly at around this weight. I know I am being paranoid but just want to insure it will handle it. I guess it will just mean a longer take off and faster landing approach.

Any words of wisdom about how it flies. I will have a 3e gyro on the plane but not on for the first flight.

Thanks

Jack

Reply to Discussion

RSS

T-Shirts Available!!!

Click HERE

Shirts are here and ready to ship! Be sure to order in time for your next event!!   -Thanks!

Latest Activity

Site Supporter
Chic White replied to Dustin Buescher's discussion Trimming Your Jets To Fly Straight.... Easy, right?
"Thanks Dustin.  It is a lot to swallow but hanging around enough of you great pilots, will…"
yesterday
John VH posted a discussion

BVM Ultra Bandit RTF

It's basically new, perfect condition. Less than 20 amazing flights. P-200. All JR equipment. No…See More
yesterday

Site Supporter
P. Richards posted a video

Experience Jets Over Kentucky 2017 Promo

Making Jet Videos Great Again. Alpha One Productions, desires to bring you the best Jet videos in 4K High Definition.
Sunday
Martin Keilloh is now a member of ....RC Jet Addiction....
Sunday
Michael Fearing replied to Dustin Buescher's discussion Trimming Your Jets To Fly Straight.... Easy, right?
"One thing I have noticed. Pilots need to trim there jets with no gyro on!, once stable then good to…"
Jun 15
Michael Fearing is now a member of ....RC Jet Addiction....
Jun 15
Eric Oliver commented on Eric Oliver's photo
Thumbnail

Jet

"black Horse L39 Powered by a K45G"
Jun 13
Eric Oliver posted a photo

Jet

Jet
Jun 13

Site Supporter

JOK 2017 Kent Stroud Style

Kent Stroud flying his SkyMaster Hawk, almost a night flight. At Jets Over Kentucky 2016.
Jun 11

Site Supporter

Experience Jets Over Kentucky C-17 Style

Another amazing scratch built project, the C-17 Globemaster. The Boeing C-17 Globemaster III is a large military transport aircraft. It was developed for the...
Jun 3
Patrick Niven posted a discussion

Jet Hangar Hobbies A-7E Corsair II EDF or Turbine

This Jet Hangar Hobbies A-7E Corsair II was originally set up and flown with a 120mm EDF. Newer…See More
Jun 3
David W Atherton is now a member of ....RC Jet Addiction....
May 28

© 2017   Created by Dustin Buescher.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service